Friday, October 1, 2010

"A short time in the future in a galaxy not so far away...."

As a result of watching The Crucible movie in English class I have been thinking a lot about movies.  I have Graphic Communications class B period.  My current project in this class is to make a board game.  I am working with three other people to create this game.  We decided to make it a game about the Harry Potter movies.  The Harry Potter books were great.  As a young kid my parents read the first few to me.  As I got older I read every single Harry Potter book.   I have also seen all of the movies that have come out.  The Harry Potter Movies in my opinion were even better than the books. 
I might need to re-watch the first few movies for the game. Our board game is kind of complicated.  It is sort of like chutes and ladders, trivia, and Life all mixed in one.  It is a four-player game with each player representing one of the four houses (Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin).  The board is supposed to represent Hogwarts.  You start at the Sorcerer’s stone and need to get to the Chamber of Secrets.  You move by rolling two dice.  Although there is a starting point and an endpoint it is not just a race to the finish.  Throughout the game there will be chances to gain or lose “house points” (represented by Monopoly Money).  The point of the game is to have the most points when you get to the Chamber of Secrets.  There are many other twists and turns but honestly I can’t remember all of them.  We will work on this for the next few classes and hopefully it will be great once it is finished.
I know up until now this blog post has pretty much been about Harry Potter, but overall it is all about movies.  My favorite movies have to be all six of the original Star Wars movies.  I can’t pick a favorite out of the six because they are all good.  I don’t even know how many Star Wars movies I own, but I own a lot of them.  My favorite characters are the Clone Troopers.  Another character that I like a lot is Darth Maul.  Supposedly all six of the Star Wars movies are going to be back in theaters soon, and this time they will be in 3D.  I can’t wait for Star Wars to be in 3D.  The Star Wars movies are great as they are but just imagine how awesome they would be in 3D.

2 comments:

  1. The board game your making sounds really cool. Seems like you've been working on it for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We only worked on it for maybe two days last week which was when we started it. thanks for thinking it's cool, i hope it comes out good.

    ReplyDelete