Saturday, October 30, 2010

TGI - (Thursday)

Okay I need to think of what to write about for this blog.  I cannot write about movies because I have already done that before.  I am not going to write about the essay because I believe that I have already sort of done that already.  I cannot really remember many other things that we have talked about in English class this past week.  One of the reasons is that I was not in class on Thursday.  Thursday will be my Blog topic. 
Thursday was a good day for me.  It was a day 3 with period order BAEFG.  My two electives are B and F period.  I started off my day working on trying to finish up the Harry Potter board game that I wrote about a couple of Blogs ago for Graphic Communications class.  Next semester I have Computer Graphics 2 after taking Computer Graphics 1 last year.  I cannot wait for that class.  Second period as everyone knows was English.  Like a few other people in the class I was able to skip English because we had a rehearsal for the NHS induction Ceremony that was later that night.  Then I went to E period Physics with Doc Seeley.  Doc Seeley is so funny; I’ll just leave it at that.  Now it is time for my second Elective.  I have Desktop Publishing F period which is usually pretty fun.  The only problem with having F period fourth is that I have 4th Lunch and am always hungry in the computer lab where we are not allowed to eat.  Last period (G) for me is History.  History because of Conklin is my favorite class.  I am so glad that I have Conklin this year.  I had him last year and I have him again now.  On Thursday in History I started a group project with AJ, Jake McKinnon, and Joey Salvin.  I did not have to do a huge amount of work in any of my classes on Thursday.  It was a great day. 
Thursday night was also great.  Thursday night I got inducted into National Honor Society.  It is a great honor and I hope to get involved more because of it.  When I picked my three choices for Teacher inductors I picked Conklin as my first choice and my Freshman English teacher Ms. Popp as my second.  I was a little disappointed that I did not get Conklin, but I was happy that Ms. Popp wanted to induct me.  I was afraid that I would mess up or something but everything went smoothly (at least it did for me).  Ms. Popp on the other hand had to run around the Auditorium in front of everyone after inducting me in order to induct Nick Draper.  Nick was standing on stage with nobody to induct him and the next thing you see is Ms. Popp running as fast as she could from the left side (if you’re on stage) of the Auditorium  to the right side.  That was the only thing about the ceremony that did not run smoothly.  However embarrassing it must have been for Ms. Popp and Nick, it was funny.  Mrs. Corcoran wanted us all to write thank you letters to our teacher inductors.  What better way to do that than to write a teacher appreciation letter in English class the next day.  While I was writing the letter in class I was trying to remember who I wrote it to last year.  I believe that answer was Ms. Popp.

No comments:

Post a Comment